Developing innovative, inexpensive and easy to use litigation tools to enhance your case and cut your costs.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
How do we protect visitor information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use 'cookies'?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser's Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled. It won't affect the user's experience that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
However, you can still place orders.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google. We have not enabled Google AdSense on our site but we may do so in the future.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
Users are able to change their personal information:
How does our site handle “do not track” signals?
We honor “do not track” signals and “do not track”, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It's also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation's consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices, we will take the following responsive action should a data breach occur:
We will notify the users via email
• Within 7 business days
We will notify the users via in-site notification
• Within 1 business day
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
• Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
• We may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
• NOT use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at
firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
JurisTech Systems, LLC
2980 Columbia Street
Torrance, CA 90503
Last Edited on 2016-06-14
License and Terms of Service
Thank you for reviewing these terms and conditions (“Terms”) that govern the visitation, download and use of the products, apps, software, websites and services (each a “Service” and collectively “Services”) offered by JurisTech systems, LLC., (“JurisTech”). These Terms form a legal, binding agreement between you and JurisTech.
These Terms refer to JurisTech as “we”, “our” and “us”. These Terms refer to the legal entity entering into these Terms (such as a corporation, LLC or LLP), which must also be the account holder for our Services, as “you”, “your” and “yourself”. However, the App license and provisions of Section 1 are deemed accepted by the individual entering into these Terms on this company’s behalf, and so “you” and “your” in Section 1 also refers to such individual in his or her own capacity as is required by Apple, Inc. for all Apps distributed. Capitalized terms have the definitions given in Section 25 unless defined in other sections.
1. APP LICENSE. Our online services utilize one or more Apps, to which this license applies, as do the other provisions of this Section 1. JurisTech grants you a non-transferable, personal, non-exclusive license to use the app provided to you by JurisTech. This license is conditioned upon and restricted by the terms, conditions and restrictions in these Terms. You may not (and you may not permit anyone else to) copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, decompile or otherwise attempt to extract the source code of the App, or any part thereof, except (and solely) to the extent permitted by applicable law. You may not assign (or grant a sub-license of) your rights to use the App, grant an interest in or over your rights to use the App, or otherwise transfer any part of your rights under these Terms. This license is conditioned on your payment of the Fee for the App, if any. The license granted in this Section 1 applies only to the App and does not apply to any other Goods or Services, nor does it give you any rights to any other Good or Service.
2. SERVICES LICENSE. JurisTech grants you a non-transferable, non-exclusive license to use the Services, not including the App or Apps licensed under Section 1. This license is conditioned upon and restricted by the terms, conditions and restrictions in these Terms. You may not (and you may not permit anyone else to) copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, decompile or otherwise attempt to extract the source code of the Services, or any part thereof, except (and solely) to the extent permitted by applicable law. You may not assign (or grant a sub-license of) your rights to use the Service, grant an interest in or over your rights to use the Service or otherwise transfer any part of your rights under these Terms. If JurisTech provided Services to you for a Fee, then this license is conditioned on your payment of the Fees due.
3. NO API LICENSE. These Terms do not grant to you any license or permission to copy, distribute, modify or otherwise use any application programming interface, notwithstanding any provision to the contrary. These Terms do not grant to you any license or permission to copy, distribute, modify or otherwise use any application programming interface, notwithstanding any provision to the contrary.
4. ACCOUNT REGISTRATION. You agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete Account Information and (b) maintain and promptly update the Account Information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. You may not permit minors to use the Services.
5. PASSWORD AND SECURITY. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, using the security features on your mobile computing devices, and maintaining the physical security over your computers and mobile computer devices. You are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account including that of users you provision, and dealings with third parties that take place through your account or associated accounts. You agree to immediately notify JurisTech of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security. JurisTech shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these requirements.
7. REPRESENTATIONS. You represent and agree to each of the following:
a. If you are entering into these Terms as a representative of a legal entity, that such
legal entity (such as a corporation, LLC or LLP) is duly organized, validly existing
and in good standing under the laws of the State of its incorporation or
organization, that it has all requisite corporate power and authority to enter into
these Terms and cause them to bind such entity, and that the individual
representing the legal entity has the full power and authority to do so;
b. You will only upload, copy and use Customer Content to the extent you have the
right and authority to do so, and in accordance with all applicable laws,
regulations and court orders;
c. You may permit consultants, clients and individuals, legal entities performing
services on your behalf, and affiliates (collectively, “Your Users”) to use the
Services (not including the App) provided that: (i) any act or failure to act by Your
Users will be deemed an act or failure to act by you, and for which you will be
liable and have the obligations under these Terms; (ii) you have first entered into
written contracts with each of Your Users with terms as restrictive and as
protective of our rights as these Terms; and (iii) you will help us using your
commercially reasonable efforts to remedy any breach by Your Users;
8. PROHIBITED CONDUCT AND USE. You agree to not use the Services to upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that:
a. you do not have the right and authority to make available, or that infringes any
rights of any party, or is unlawful; or
b. contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs
designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software
or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
If you post, share or send messages or other Content in our support forums or to our support staff, in addition to the restrictions above, you agree that such Content will not be harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; and will not include any advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," or "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
Further, you agree that you will not use the Services to send text messages, emails or other messages to individuals that you do not know or that have asked you to refrain from sending emails or text messages.
Whether you are an account holder of a Service, a user of a Service, a visitor from the Internet, or utilize software or systems to search, scour or archive information on the Internet, you represent and agree that you will not, manually or by any technical means:
a. make available any Content that contains software viruses or any other
computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the
functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications
b. interfere with or disrupt the Services or servers or networks connected to the
Services, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of
networks connected to the Services;
c. intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or
d. impersonate any person or entity, including, or falsely state or otherwise
misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
e. scrape or exhume Service Content obtained on or through the Services for any
means, including email addresses;
f. use any automated process or service to access or use the Services (such as a
BOT, a spider, periodic caching of information, or "meta-searching"), for example,
using scripts or macros to manage your profile; or
g. use the Services if you are a person barred from receiving the Services under
the laws of jurisdictions in which you reside, or outside of the United States of
9. CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT OR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENT. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please notify JurisTech Copyright Agent. We will respond only to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. The text of the Act can be found at the U.S. Copyright Office website, copyright.gov/legislation/hr2281.pdf. If the Content which is the subject of a complaint falls into one of the categories that are permitted under the Fair Use doctrine, we may determine that our use of the Content is legitimate and we will not remove it from our Services.
To file a notice of infringement with us, you must provide a written communication (by email with an attached and signed PDF or by fax) that sets forth the items specified below.
a. For each allegedly infringing item of Content that you wish to have removed
from one of our websites or other Services, fully describe such item, and provide
the exact location of the material, such as the permanent URL for the web page
containing the material.
b. Provide your full name, email address, telephone number, and full physical
c. Provide the following information detailing your claim to ownership of the
copyright in the allegedly infringing Content: either (i) proof of copyright in the
Content concerned, namely proof of registration under the DMCA; or, absent
such registration, a detailed description of where the work was created, by.
whom, who or what the subject of the image is, and evidence to support your
claim that you own the copyright. We reserve the right to deny requests to
remove an image or other Content where the complainant cannot prove that
he/she/it owns the copyright in the image or Content in question.
d. Include the following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the
information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or
am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed."
Sign, scan and email the document to copyright@JurisTech.com Alternately, sign
the document and either fax or mail it to:
Attn: DMCA Agent
2980 Columbia Street
Torrance, California 90503
If you do not hear a response from us within ten (10) days of submitting a complaint, please telephone us at 888-346-5471 to confirm that we received your original complaint. Sometimes our junk mail blocker blocks incoming emails. Make sure your junk mail blocker does not block our response.
10. LICENSE TO CUSTOMER CONTENT. You grant JurisTech a Full License to all Customer Content for the purpose of providing the Services to you, storing Customer Content on your behalf so that it may be accessed as part of the Services, share your Customer Content as you permit or direct, or in accordance to settings made available to you, and as otherwise necessary or desirable for us to take actions permitted under these Terms.
11. CONTRIBUTIONS TO JURISTECH. By submitting ideas, suggestions, documents, or proposals ("Contributions") to JurisTech relating to the Goods and/or Services, you acknowledge and agree that notwithstanding anything in these Terms to the contrary: (a) your Contributions do not contain confidential or proprietary information; (b) JurisTech is not under any obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the Contributions; (c) your Contributions are deemed Content governed by these Terms; (d) JurisTech may have something similar to the Contributions already under consideration or in development; (e) JurisTech shall be entitled to use or disclose (or choose not to use or disclose) such Contributions for any purpose, in any way, in any media worldwide, and you grant JurisTech a Full License to such Contributions; and (f) you are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement of any kind from JurisTech under any circumstances for your Contributions.
12. GENERAL PRACTICES REGARDING USE AND STORAGE. JurisTech may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Services, including the duration that the Services store messages, message board postings or other uploaded Content, the number of messages that may be sent by you, and the electronic storage allotted to individual users or to organizations. JurisTech will have no liability for deletion, failure to delete, or failure to store any Content. JurisTech may delete any and all Content associated with an account. JurisTech may amend these general practices and limits from time to time without notice.
4.1. Termination for Cause. JurisTech may suspend or terminate your JurisTech account, access or license to any associated Content, license to the App, or your license or access to any other Services, in part or in whole, for any of the following causes as determined in our reasonable discretion: (a) breaches or violations of these Terms including any Policies, (b) injunctions or orders granted by a court of competent jurisdiction, (c) engagement by you in fraudulent or illegal activities, (d) if we believe that your use of the Services represents a direct or indirect threat to our network function or integrity or anyone else’s use of the Service; (d) if reasonably necessary to prevent unauthorized access to Customer Data; (e) nonpayment of any fees owed by you in connection with the Services, (f) chargeback or reversal of payments, (g) using or providing us with an unauthorized form of payment, or (h) as otherwise provided in these Terms. JurisTech may take any of these actions immediately upon notice (or attempted notification) to you, or upon thirty (30) days’ notice with respect to nonpayment of any fees owed by you in connection with the Services.
14.2. Other Termination. JurisTech may terminate Services to you: (a) at the end of the term for such Services, if not renewed, (b) following a request by you (self-initiated account deletions).
14.3. Effect of Termination. JurisTech shall not have any liability to you or any third party arising from or related to any termination of your account(s), any associated Content, or access to the Services in accordance with these Terms. If your account is terminated, you will not be entitled to any refund of previously authorized Fees or Fees paid. Termination of your account does not terminate the effectiveness of these Terms, which will continue to govern after termination of your account. If for some reason these Terms are deemed by applicable law to have terminated or expired (despite the fact that they cannot be terminated by you), then all terms and conditions that are protective of JurisTech's rights and remedies, or that limit our liability, will be deemed to survive.
15. MODIFICATION AND DISCONTINUATION OF THE SERVICES. JurisTech reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Services (or any part thereof). We will give you thirty (30) days’ notice before implementing a modification that substantially reduces the features and functionality of your Services, during which you may terminate the affected Services and have no ongoing obligation to pay Fees that would otherwise become due for the terminated Services had you received them. JurisTech shall not be liable to you or to any third party or any claims or damages related to any modification, suspension or discontinuance of any of the Services in accordance with these Terms.
16. CLASSES OF SERVICES. JurisTech may provide you with additional Features without requiring additional Fees. Alternately, JurisTech may require additional or separate Fees for additional Features.
17. INTERRUPTIONS IN SERVICE. The Services may be interrupted and access may become otherwise limited or unavailable due to (each, an “Excused Outage”): (a) scheduled maintenance, (b) outages of third party networks or systems, (c) unexpected security issues, or (d) reasons beyond our reasonable control. Depending on the circumstances, we may extend to you a credit due to an Outage. However, we have no obligation to do so, and will have no liability for any Excused Outages. The decision to extend a credit to you for Excused Outages will be in our sole discretion.
18. INDEMNIFICATION. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold JurisTech and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, vendors, suppliers, and licensors harmless from any claim, action, investigation or demand (each, a “Claim”), including all costs, judgments, damages, loss, liability, expenses, and reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of or relating to: (a) Customer Content; (b) use of the Services by you or under your account; (c) your breach of these Terms, including your representation; (d) your violation of any third party rights. We may require that our own counsel defend us. You will not settle any Claim without our approval if the settlement would require us to take or refrain from taking any action.
19. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
19.1. We designed the Services to help attorneys with litigation, and the Services may accommodate or implement rules of evidence, local procedural rules or practice guides. They may not, or they may not do so fully or accurately. You and you alone have the responsibility to comply with all applicable requirements of litigation and case management, regardless of the features and capabilities of the Services, or lack of features and capabilities. We do not practice law, nor do the Services.
19.2. JURISTECH, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AND THEIR OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS MAKE NO WARRANTY (EXPRESS OR IMPLIED) THAT: (i) THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (ii) THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR- FREE; (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; OR (v) ANY ERRORS IN THE SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED. JURISTECH WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY IF YOU EXPERIENCE DOWNTIME, INABILITY TO ACCESS THE SERVICES OR ERRORS, AND WILL NOT REFUND ANY PAID SERVICES IN SUCH EVENT.
19.3. USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITH ALL FAULTS. TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, JURISTECH AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
19.4. ANY CONTENT VIEWED, DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICES IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH CONTENT.
19.5. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM JURISTECH OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY.
20. DEALINGS WITH THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, companies that advertise on or through the Services, including payment and delivery of related goods or Services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser or supplier. JurisTech shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Services.
21. LINKS. The Services may provide links to websites or network resources not owned by JurisTech. You acknowledge and agree that JurisTech is not responsible for the availability of such external websites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, or products on or available from such websites or resources, and will have no liability arising from any of the foregoing.
22. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY
22.1. WITHOUT LIMITATION TO OTHER LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY UNDER THESE TERMS, JURISTECH AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, OR DATA.
22.2. WITHOUT LIMITATION TO OTHER LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY UNDER THESE TERMS, JURISTECH AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM: (i) INTERRUPTIONS, ERRORS OR OTHER FAILURES OF THE SERVICE, OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; OR (ii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS, CONTENT OR DATA.
22.3. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, JURISTECH CUMULATIVE LIABILITY TO YOU ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THE SERVICES FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, WHETHER ARISING BY CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF: (A) $50 U.S.D. WITH RESPECT TO THE APP, OR $500 U.S.D. WITH RESPECT TO ANY OTHER OF THE SERVICES; OR (B) THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO JURISTECH FOR SUCH SERVICES.
22.4. EXCLUSIONS. TO THE EXTENT THAT YOU RESIDE IN A JURISDICTION WHERE APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT PERMIT JURISTECH TO ENFORCE ONE OR MORE OF THE LIMITATIONS AND WAIVERS HEREIN (FOR EXAMPLE, THE EXCLUSION OF OF CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES) AGAINST YOU AS A PARTY, SUCH LIMITATIONS OR WAIVERS WILL NOT APPLY TO YOU.
23. ARBITRATION. YOU AND JURISTECH AGREE THAT ANY DISPUTE, CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SERVICES OR THESE TERMS SHALL BE DETERMINED BY BINDING ARBITRATION INSTEAD OF IN COURTS OF GENERAL JURISDICTION. YOU AGREE THAT YOU AND JURISTECH ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION. THIS ARBITRATION PROVISION SHALL SURVIVE ANY TERMINATION OF THESE TERMS OR THE TERMINATION OF YOUR JURISTECH MEMBERSHIP.
23.1. Notice. The party seeking arbitration must notify the other as follows. If you elect to seek arbitration, you must first send to JurisTech, by certified mail, a written Notice of your claim ("Notice"). The Notice to JurisTech should be addressed to: Legal Department, JurisTech Systems, LLC, 2980 Columbia Street, Torrance, CA 90503 ("Notice Address"). If JurisTech elects to seek arbitration, it will send, by certified mail, a written Notice to the address in your Account Information, or if you have not provided your address, then to the email address we have for your account. A Notice, whether sent by you or by JurisTech, must (a) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and (b) set forth the specific relief sought ("Demand"). The arbitrator shall not have the power to award damages that are limited or waived by these Terms (such as punitive damages, treble damages, or any other damages which are not compensatory), to the extent such limitation or waiver is permitted under applicable law. The arbitration proceedings and decision of the arbitrator shall be kept confidential (and may not be disclosed) by the parties or the arbitrator, except to the extent necessary to compel any award made by the arbitrator.
23.2. The arbitration will be governed by the Commercial Arbitration Rules and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (collectively, "AAA Rules") of the American Arbitration Association ("AAA"), as modified by these Terms, and will be administered by the AAA. The arbitrator shall be bound by these Terms. Unless JurisTech and you agree otherwise, any arbitration hearings will take place in Los Angeles, California. However, if you reside outside of the United States of America, you will afford JurisTech the opportunity to elect to make the arbitration convenient by either: (a) being conducted solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator, with the parties participating through a telephonic hearing; or (b) arbitrating in your country of residence at a location reasonably convenient to you and JurisTech.
3.3. YOU AND JURISTECH AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, unless both you and JurisTech agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person's claims with your claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party's individual claim.
24. GENERAL TERMS.
24.1. Choice of Law; Choice of Forum in Lieu of Arbitration. These Terms and the relationship between you and JurisTech shall be governed by the laws of the United States of America and the State of California without regard to their conflicts of laws provisions. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods shall not apply to these Terms. If arbitration cannot be compelled then you and JurisTech agree and irrevocably consent to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state courts located in the County of Los Angeles, California for all disputes arising out of or relating to these Terms.
24.3. Statute of Limitations. Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of a breach of these Terms must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
24.4. Customer Communications. The Services may include certain communications from JurisTech, such as service announcements, administrative messages and newsletters, which are part of the Services.
24.5. Other Terms. The section titles in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. These Terms will not be construed in favor of or against any party by reason of the extent to which any party participated in the drafting of these Terms. The failure of JurisTech to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of these Terms remain in full force and effect. Except as otherwise provided in this Terms, these Terms are not agreed to for the benefit of third parties. The word “or” as used in these Terms has an inclusive meaning, equivalent to “and/or”. The terms ‘include’ and ‘including’ will be deemed to be immediately followed by the phrase “without limitation.” If a party is the subject of a sentence, then the word “will” expresses an obligation, and deemed equivalent to “shall”. JurisTech may assign or delegate these Terms, its obligations, rights and responsibilities, in whole or in part, at any time with or without notice to you. You may not assign or delegate theseTerms, your obligations,rights or responsibilities. Any attempt by you to do so is void. You may not transfer to anyone else, either temporarily or permanently, your right to use the Services. Your JurisTech account is non-transferable.
25. APPLE TERMS. The following provisions apply to Apps provided through iTunes and are required by Apple, Inc. (“Apple”). These provisions supplement the foregoing Sections and do not modify the provisions of such sections. If not previously defined, then the capitalized terms below are defined in Apple’s various end-user terms and agreements. Apple is not a party to these Terms and is not responsible for JurisTech's Apps. These Terms do not grant you usage of JurisTech's Apps that are less restrictive than the Usage Rules set forth for Licensed Applications in, or otherwise be in conflict with, the App Store Terms of Service. The license granted to you for any JurisTech App is limited to the use of the app on an iOS Product that the individual who downloaded the App owns and controls, and as permitted by the Usage Rules set forth in the App Store Terms of Service. Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance or support services for any JurisTech app. With respect to the software components of the JurisTech app owned by JurisTech and distributed to you, these Terms govern claims involving product liability, non-conformance to regulatory requirements, consumer protection or other similar legislation. Apple will not be responsible to you for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim regarding a JurisTech app. You represent and warrant that you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties. Your questions, complaints or claims with respect to an JurisTech app can be directed to the address and phone number above, or emailed to juristechsys.com. You must comply with applicable third party terms of agreement that apply to you when using an app,for example, your agreement with your data service carrier. Apple and its subsidiaries, are third party beneficiaries of these Terms that apply to the JurisTech App, and Apple requires the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce such Terms against you with respect to JurisTech.
26.1. “App” means one or more device-based software applications (commonly referred to as an app), such as those available from the iTunes app store, used on mobile devices, and owned by JurisTech.
26.2 “Content” means text, images, photographs, audio recordings, video files, other media files, broadcasted audio or multimedia, messages including email messages, computer files, technical code, software, application user interfaces, or similar content.
26.3 “Customer Content” means all Content provided to us by, or on behalf of, you through your use of any Service, not including Contributions.
26.4 “Feature” means enhancements, upgrades, features or functionality of or to the Services that JurisTech makes available to you.
26.5 “Fee” means a service fee, purchase price due, charge, royalty fee, or other fee.
26.6 “Online Services” means the software and storage provided by JurisTech as a service via the internet to facilitate litigation, such as storage and access to deposition transcripts and videos, and document image management.
26.7 “Policy” means a policy, a practice or limit concerning use, a procedure conforming to or considered with reference to prudence or expediency, guideline, or pricing schedule, set by JurisTech by posting it on our website or otherwise by a Service, or communicated directly to you, each as amended from time to time.
26.8 “Account Information” means all information that you submit regarding yourself and your account, including the contact information for you and your users.
26.9 “Rights” means patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights.
26.10 “Service Content” means Content viewed, downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Services .
The following trademarks, service marks, logos and slogans are trademarks of JurisTech or its subsidiaries (the "JurisTech Marks"):
JurisTech grants you no license or consent to use the JurisTech Marks in any manner without first obtaining written consent from an officer of JurisTech for each specific use.
JurisTech Systems LLC. 2013
terms Last Revised: March 30, 2016
End of Terms of Service